Search This Blog

Sunday 12 June 2011

Cooking with West 10th Foods

With all this food shopping yesterday (see Discovering West 10th Foods), it was time to make use of at a BBQ.

Appetizers included delicious grilled local red peppers that I picked up at a small grocer on West 10th. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name, but it sure had excellent vegetables.

And then it was time to try those fancy sausages I bought from The Butcher.

The sausage options overwhelmed me, so I chose the Romanian Beef sausages. Dense layers of ground beef spiced up with cilantro seeds. The taste was unique alright, but it took a bit to get used to. I should have went for the dijon beef or lamb and mint ones. Next time.

At Pane Formaggio I picked up a small can of the Spanish Merula olive oil (not cheap, but sure a beautiful looking tin). Jardin lettuce was served but given varied guests' tastes, they were offered a choice of dressings:
1. Lemon and olive oil
2. Raspberry vinegar and olive oil
3. Lemon, garlic, dijon and olive oil


And finally, the Sacher cake from T Room Bakery was served. Decadent!

No comments: