Search This Blog

Monday 11 February 2013

Best Thai In The City - Sawasdee

I have been craving going back to Sawasdee for close to two years (read Thai Tonight).

So when I had an opportunity to take two guests out for lunch and they craved Thai food, I jumped on it and we gathered at Sawasdee going crazy on the ordering.

I am not sure if I got the right name for this appetizer. I ordered it as purple dumplings, but I believe it is called Cho Muang

No words can describe how unique and delicious those are - just trust me and order them when you visit Sawasdee.



The Pad Thai is a must of course.

However, Sawasdee gives us the option of Tamarind or Tomato sauce based Pad Thai.

I have never tried a Tamarind sauce one and it is definitely the way to go.

The chicken red curry was exceptional and I was lucky to take home the leftovers.

The taste got better as it sat - a perfect dish to pick up at noon and have for dinner (I should remember that).


And finally the Nuea Pad Ma Khua was another excellent new discovery - beef slices with eggplants, peppers and basil leaves in red bean sauce.

Amazing is all I can say. I am already looking forward to my return visit.




Sawasdee Thai
4250 Main Street
Vancouver, BC

Sawasdee Thai on Urbanspoon 


No comments: