Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Italian Kitchen

I have been wanting to try the Italian Kitchen for years. So I was thrilled to take a client out there today.
 
Camera in hand, we walked into one of the best buzz in downtown Vancouver.
 

The aroma of food was distracting (in a good way). Hungry, an order of Mozzarella Tasting came out.


Sizeable pieces of each of burrata, bufala and fior di latte mozzarella served with (overly salty) toast. The burrata was my favourite, but what else did I expect from food that is white and creamy.

My meal was one of their signature items, Garganelli Pollo.

Roasted chicken mixed with a sauce made from the roasted chicken broth. Peas and sun-dried tomatoes; this was a really tasty meal.

But no matter how good my meal was, I doubt it was better than this platter of Spaghetti & Spicy Kobe Meatballs platter.

The herbed ricotta added a "lasagna-ish" touch to this signature item.




The Italian Kitchen definitely stood up to the hype. I will have to find another client to dine so I can go back there - any takers?


The Italian Kitchen
1037 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC


 Italian Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments: