Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2012

A Day In A Life

The day began with a bowl of Nature's Path Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise.

As per all Nature's Path's products, this one is all organic. But this specific cereal includes everything that you can think of (and is good for you). There is corn, rice, flax, quinoa, buckwheat and amaranth (has anyone heard of this grain before?).

It is also gluten free, tastes good, only 110 calories per serving. But what I love most about it is the sound it makes when you eat it - super crispy crunchy sounds.


Now don't think the rest of the day was this healthy. Four hours later...
...these bags of Chinese food from Chongqing (read about this place at A New Downtown Discovery) showed up in my office.

Diced Chicken With Cashew Nuts, Fried Green Beans Szechuan Style and Vegetable Chow Mein. Lots of rice and Sweet & Sour soup as well (but no fortune cookies).

Four hours later, I was enjoying a Mango Lassi in le jardin.

The last time you saw my home made Mango Lassi, it was made with canned mango pulp (read Indian Cooking Extravaganza Part 2).

But on Sunday, I was talked by a Fraser Street store clerk into buying those delicious fresh mangoes that his mom served him for breakfast. So I used real mangoes (mashed) along with pure mango juice, a bit of yogurt and a tsp of rose water for today's Lassi.

Deliciously enjoyed in my Tintin mug as I dressed up and got ready for my Tintin movie date.


3D glasses on, The Adventures of Tintin was an amazing experience.

This was based on Secret of the Unicorn, the first Tintin book where he meets Captain Haddock. I am a really big fan of Tintin and have the books in three languages (and a Tintin cushion).

The movie was true to the book and the making of it made it feel like you jumped into the book itself and became part of the adventure.

The real world looked flat and dreary after this viewing experience. Food was needed to prove we are back in the real world.

Gain Wah was around the corner and allowed for the day's second Chinese indulgence.

And I walked out with tomorrow's breakfast (plain Congee) and a great fortune to guide the months ahead.

No comments: