Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Travelling East With Crappy Food

Changing planes in Toronto after a 4.5 hour flight, a fancy Fionn MacCool restaurant stared at me right next to my connecting gate. I went in with excited anticipation of delicious Irish stew. What I got was 6 Tbs of factory made steak and mushroom stew, covered with 3 Tbs of dried mashed potatoes. Veggies looked gorgeous but all tasted interchangeably bland.


I get to my room late dreaming of yummy roomservice east coast specialties at the fanciest Halifax hotel.


Atlantic seafood chowder was heavy white cream packed with frozen vegetables that are badly cooked. There were 3 prawns, 3 mussels and one scallop.


The main dish was even worse. The menu stated Atlantic Salmon that is baked, seared, with mango sauce, OR blackened. I asked for it seared but what I got was a seared, blackened, overly peppered AND covered with mango sauce. 


Served with 3 thin carrot slices, 3 asparagus stalks and bland, undercooked rice. 


Leaving Halifax on the last day of fresh lobster season, a lobster roll was in order at an airport restaurant. 


I seriously think my taste buds are gone. It was bland, heavy, and the lobster tasted like pieces of gelatin.


No wonder I cannot stand business travel...

No comments: