Search This Blog

Friday 2 December 2011

The French Table on Main

The talk of the town, The French Table   is a relatively new restaurant on Main Street.

Open for lunch, brunch and dinner, I thought it will be a perfect place for a business lunch today. 

It excelled on quality of food and taste, but portions and service have room for improvement.

For starters, I had the roasted beets with pickled fennel salad. Beautifully presented with a mix of red and orange beets, an excellent ball of goat cheese in the middle topping arugula. The pickled fennel were a novel positive tasting experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite how quickly it disappeared off the plate.


For main course, I ordered the vegetarian plat du jour. Again, an amazing taste experience of a grilled thick piece of eggplant held by a bed of chard and covered with goat cheese. But with a 3-inch diameter and four green beans and two slices of carrots, this is barely an appetizer.


I was sure glad I ordered the basket of pommes frites to fill me up. I bet the dessert menu would have been something to try, but our server never came back with it. Would I go back again? I may be talked into it.


The French Table on Urbanspoon 
The French Table
3916 Main Street
Vancouver, BC

No comments: