Search This Blog

Monday 9 February 2015

Anyone Knows What Colcannon Is?

You would have seen this cookbook just yesterday (see Chickpeas and Spinach recipe).

There are so many recipes I want to try in this book that I capitalized on the long weekend to cook from it again.

Saskatchewan's Irish started in Sinnett and attracted settlers of Irish descent from all over North America.

And the Irish recipe I tried is for Colcannon - an excellent little discovery.

Easy, filling and comforting.

It is mainly cooking 4 strips of bacon, chopped, then frying the leek with it.

Meanwhile, boil 4 cups shredded cabbage separately. Make mashed potatoes.

Mix all together and serve.

I will be making this again.


Served with sausages (not very Irish but gearing up for the Russian dish I am making from this cookbook next).


No comments: