Sunday, 3 October 2010
Remember "Win this Basket" contest (see September 28 entry)? The contest yielded four buffalo meat recipes. Two contestants had recipes I liked and these two recipes were very much alike. The winner's recipe (congratulations Kim!) included a tomato sesame sauce versus a regular salsa in the runner up's one.
The stew turned out delicious. It was described as comfort food with a tomato sauce twist on the regular beef brown stews.
It tasted fresh, light and plates were refilled more than twice.
Here is the recipe - I highly recommend trying it.
- Brown 1 lb buffalo stew meat in 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, bring to boil and simmer for 1 and 1/4 hours
- Meanwhile, blend 1 medium can (7 1/2 oz) of tomatoes with 1 small cut up onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbs sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp crushed dried red peppers
- Add the tomato sauce to the stew, along with 1 medium zucchini, 1 medium potato and 2 corns
- Simmer for another 30 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve
Thank you Kim for the recipe. Your basket of chocolate chips cookies will be delivered on the weekend. Everyone else, do keep an eye on the next contest coming up this week.