Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Exotic Sushi Dining in San Diego

Who would ever think that an exotic award winning sushi restaurant is to be found in a business-park area of La Jolla (San Diego). Dinner at Cafe Japengo was a feast to the eye and the taste buds. One sushi roll after another kept us going, but the highlight were the duck potstickers served with coriander-mint pesto and spicy ponzu. I could have dined on those alone!

  
And then came thhe irresistible dessert menu. My choice was the pan-fried chocolate chips bread pudding, a perfect treat for carb and sweets lovers (a.k.a I). But I also sampled the cinnamon dusted tempura banana and my guest was polite enough to let me take a picture of his tengu trio - a tasting of chocolate lava cake, pan-fried pudding and a selection of sorbets.


Cafe Japengo
La Jolla, California


 

No comments: