Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 February 2011

The World In Your Kitchen - February


The  Food Trip Down The Silk Road continued to China for Baozi (steamed buns). However, the recipe for those came from The World in Your Kitchen  - a calendar I found earlier in the year that features a vegetarian meal from a different country each month. I featured the first recipe in The World In Your Kitchen - January



The recipe (photographed below) was a bit intimidating given it involved a yeast-enhanced dough made from scratch with lots of kneading.

I was quiet impressed with myself when I got the dough looking well risen and ready to roll. The stuffing was a breeze, the rolling could have been thinner and the shapes could have looked more delicately Chinese.


But, they tasted good and despite what may seem an intimidating recipe below, it is worth a try.



 

No comments: