Search This Blog

Friday 15 April 2011

Artichoke Base Cooking

I grew up eating artichoke bases more so than artichoke hearts. These bases are pretty versatile, nice tasting and look great. I buy them frozen from mediterranean food stores. There are several ways of cooking artichoke bases ranging from appetizers to full meals. Here is what I made with them tonight.


I simply put the artichoke bases in a baking dish, filled them with cooked chicken, topped the chicken with fried pine nuts, sprinkled lemon juice, salt and pepper and baked them in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. They go well with rice.

There are many other variations of the above - using ground beef instead of chicken, white, cheese or tomato sauce instead of lemon sauce. No matter how you make it, it is bound to come out a healthy tasty simple meal (provided you like artichokes to begin with) - give it a try and let me know how it turns out.

 
 

No comments: