Search This Blog

Friday 13 May 2011

Eat Your Vegetables... And Carbs

I found this vegetarian lasagna recipe in the Montreal newspaper La Presse over 15 years ago. 

I still have the newspaper clipping and have been making it since then. It is, by far, the best vegetarian lasagna recipe I have come across - easy to make, can be prepared a day ahead, and freezes well.

It is literally packed with vegetables. A cooked mix of onions, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower, and mushrooms is first prepared.

The spices are limited to fresh herbs (I used rosemary and thyme from le jardin today), salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest.


The 2 cheeses and white sauce produce a fantastic looking and tasting platter - perfect for a dinner party.

Original cut-out recipe below. If you are small font and/or French reading challenged, just email a request to eshmun@shaw.ca and I will send it to you (in French, English, Arabic or German).

No comments: