Search This Blog

Monday 16 May 2011

Nutritional Dandelion Greens

One cup of dandelion greens provides 25 calories, 1.5 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 19 mg Vitamin C, 7,700 IU of vitamin A and 103 mg calcium. 

In Lebanon, you can pick those greens everywhere in the wilderness. Unfortunately, what grows in our yards here are false inedible ones.


Lebanese cook them, stuff them in pastry and bake them, or eat them as a salad; which is exactly what I did tonight.

I picked up a lemon from my indoor meyer lemon tree, chopped it over the dandelion leaves, sprinkled some salt, olive oil, and  you have one of the most nutritional salads you can choose.
To make the salad even more interesting, I used Sea to Sky Davie Street Salt. This is a pink salt comprising of sea salt with Lady Hanna Tea. More on this salt at seatoskyseasonings.com 

As to why it is called Davie Street Salt, well if you live in Vancouver, I am sure you will figure this out.

No comments: