Search This Blog

Thursday 27 October 2011

Foodie Thursday

Today was one of those workdays that revolved around food. I am reporting it from 5 pm to 7 am. I know it is backwards, but that's the mood I am in tonight.

5 pm - Book Launch


Peter Ladner (who I would have loved to have been our mayor) launched his book, The Urban Food Revolution, at Barbara-Jo's Books to Cooks. It was great to see Peter and pick up a signed copy of the book. It promises to be a great read.

2:30 pm - Roaming Dessert Platters


Today we had a Halloween Bake Sale as a fundraiser for four local charities - employees bake and donate, employees buy and pig out, and money goes to employee-chosen charities. Goodies were discounted in the pm and platters were roaming around the office to tempt those on diets.

12:30 pm - Pizza Foursome




In a team training session which means Mega Pizza deliveries. Four pizzas to choose from: sausage, steak, chicken pesto and olive spinach. I aimed for 2 slices, but missed my aim with 2 extra ones.


10:15 am - Bake Sale Invasion




All sorts of baked stuff; squares, cupcakes, cookies, snaps. Colours and flavours. I emptied my wallet and ended up with IOU.


7:00 am - Networking Breakfast




The usual hotel business function breakfast. Eggs and potatoes hidden under steal, five baked goods and lots of fruit, for a change. I ended up starting my day with fruit, for which I was glad given everything else you read so far about the day.


 

No comments: