Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Braising Indian Style

A combination of a gift from my dear lovely neighbour of home made 11 spices chicken masala and a recipe for braised chicken Indian style in Bon Appetit made for a special new year's day meal idea.

Chicken is cooked with onions, garlic (do Indians use much garlic I wonder?) and ginger along with the masala.

The chicken is then moved to a pot with chicken broth (do Indians cook their chicken in broth I wonder?) and chickpeas.

After braising for a couple of hours, the recipe called for adding spinach and 0.25 cup yogurt. Given lack of spinach around, chard was used instead.

The spicing was excellent (thank you dear lovely neighbour). The consistency not as good as my typical Indian curry creations. The chard did not feel very Indian.

Add to that strong garlic flavour, the meal was less of a special production than I dreamed it to be. Hoping for better productions in rest of the year.


No comments: