Search This Blog

Sunday 10 October 2010

Quincous

There are many recipes for Moroccan stews and/or tagines, but the best ones are improvised.

The mix of spices is key. Stew meat was browned and simmered in a bit of water (1.5 cups) along with chili peppers, mixed Egyptian peppers, black peppers, turmeric, ginger, onions and saffron salt. 


Let the meat simmer for at least an hour, then add the vegetables of choice. Leave the stew to cook for another half an hour and it is ready.

Sometimes I add tomatoes, sometimes chickpeas, but for tonight I kept it to the beef and four vegetables.


Now comes the decision what to serve it with. My preferences are quinoa or couscous. But somerville kitchen had little of each tonight, so the stew was served with a mix of quinoa and couscous - quincous.

I could just see the Reese Peanut Butter Cups ad adapted to quincous...

- There is couscous in my quinoa
- There is quinoa in my couscous

Moroccan stews or tagines are best served with Harissa Sauce. Easy to make from scratch but those pre-made jars are excellent. 

 












No comments: