Search This Blog

Friday 11 March 2011

Clay Pot Cooking

I have featured clay pot cooking only once; and that was during my first month of blogging (see Sunday Dinner). I am not sure why I don't use my clay pot more often. It is almost 30 years old and it sill guarantees delicious food every time I use it. 

Tonight's dinner was from a clay pot cookbook that is as old as the clay pot itself (so old I could not find it on Amazon). A simple recipe of onions and mushrooms at the base, chicken with a bit of broth and fresh herbs, and potatoes. Cooking slowly in the pot give you one of the best tasting chicken you can dream of.


I typically add canned artichoke hearts to it 20 minutes before finishing baking. But none in the pantry and it is pouring rain outside. So instead, I made a nice white zucchini salad (half cooked zucchinis with olive oil, salt and lemon juice).


Now let the weekend begins!

No comments: