Search This Blog

Saturday 12 March 2011

(Once Again) I Love Kashi

One of my first blogs on somervillekitchen was about Kashi (see I Love Kashi). And with the healthy eating for lent (see details at somervillekitchen Lent) Kashi came to the rescue with tasty healthy foods.


Kashi Heart to Heart is not sold in Canada, which is a real shame. This new Warm Cinnamon version is simply delicious with warm or cold milk. Seeing how much I fell in love with it when I tried it at Kashi offices, my friends there treated me to dozen boxes to bring back with me.

A morning bowl of Warm Cinnamon Heart to Heart is now a pleasurable, healthy, tasty morning ritual.


Kashi's bars, on the other hand, are all over the city (even at my Petro Canada gas station). As I crave the butter and cream filled chocolate bars that I am not eating for lent, these bars became a healthy replacement. I now eat two a day, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. This helps me fill up in between meals (and eat less amounts at main meals) and satisfies my craving for a sweat snack. Add to all of this the healthy proteins and fiber content, and I am all set for lent, health and weight loss.

I love Kashi!

No comments: