Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 March 2011

somerville Camp


Okay, it is official. somerville kitchen is completely destroyed - no more sink, the stove carried away by an appliance recycler found off craigslist (for free), the dishwasher sold to a sweet couple met over craigslist, and the stove hood/fan is for sale if anyone is interested.


On the other hand, beautiful new appliances already bought, cabinets ordered, and electricians, drywallers, and renovators all in place. It is now a matter of wait and hope that all progresses on time.
 




But as I said yesterday, nothing is going to stop me from continuing to make (almost) daily home made dinners in somerville kitchen - the plan of action is:
somerville camp!

First, camping gear needed to be packed. My pots, small baking dishes that fit in a toaster oven, a couple of mugs, glasses, plates, cutlery, and, most importantly, some cookbooks.

A bit of complication though; how to wash dishes. My option is my small bathroom sink or my bathtub. 


No way I am doing so many dishes daily under those circumstances. Unfortunately, my carbon footprint will have to suffer a bit - paper plates, plastic cups and disposable cutlery were put in place.

Now that packing is complete, it was time to set up the camp. A mini counter rescued from the destruction was set up as a base. My toaster oven and a used hot plate donated by wonderful TaM went on the counter. Some decorative items thrown around, and here I am all set to camp (and cook at camp).



No comments: