Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Cure for Summer Cold

I featured Ogenki Sushi a couple of weekends ago (see New Saturday Ritual) and talked about how much I loved their sushi. Today was Ogenki Ramen time (it is the same restaurant with two entrances, one for sushi and one for ramens).

I had a nasty summer head cold today and I could not even stay at work all day. Driving home mid-day, I was craving something hot, healthy and spicy. 


And a Vegetarian Misu Ramen did the trick. This was a huge bowl packed with misu base, freshly made noodles, corn, carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, broccoli, spinach, Chinese greens, seaweeds and bamboo shoots. Add to this strong pepper and my cold was over within 4 hours of this natural medication.


Ogenki Ramen
4346 Main Street
Vancouver, BC 
Ogenki Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments: