Search This Blog

Thursday 19 May 2011

Macaroni and Cheese

Being an emigrant to North America, the concept of packaged macaroni and cheese baffles me. Why buy a box of powder when you can just melt some cheese over the pasta?

I tried a couple of brands before but the dark yellow sauce reminded me of melted plastic. So this time I went with a brand that includes white cheddar,but at 3 times the price of the standard brands.

It looked less melted plastic yellow, the shells were not as substantial as the tube ones  and the taste was okay.

One interesting recipe a friend of mine in Montreal used to make is boil macaroni, add Cheez Whiz and a can of beets, and mix all together. Now that is a beautiful rose coloured plastic dish!

I tried to pass the leftovers to cats, but he looked as baffled as I over this whole concept. 


Well, it was dinner, and a fun thing to blog about.

No comments: