Search This Blog

Thursday 7 July 2011

What to Eat with Jardin Chard?

The jardin chard is loving the warmth of the past few days and is overgrowing its allotted jardin space quickly. 

So I went around and cut off all the different leaves throughout the jardin.

And to my surprise, I seem to have grown every chard stem colour available.

There were the red, the pink, the orange and the yellow. They looked so beautiful, I just wanted to admire those colours.

I spent too much time admiring my chard that I was running out of time to cook anything useful. 

To the rescue came frozen Tourtieres from The Butcher (more details at Discovering West 10th Foods entry). Heated up in the toaster oven and were ready to eat, packed with quality meat and tasting like they were just beamed up from La Belle Provence.

Back to the chard, they were fried in some olive oil along with garlic and lemon juice and served nicely next to Les Tourtieres.

The joy of le jardin!

No comments: