Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Health Conscious Pasta Dinner

Let's start with the salad. A fresh lemon from the lemon tree that has moved indoors for the winter kicked it off.

I made a base of lettuce, jardin mint, tomatoes, red peppers and chopped lemon. Sprinkled with ground pepper and basil-flavoured olive oil and served.
The pasta was a brand I have not seen before - Duso's Linguine Duet (available at my favourite Buy-Low).

The package boasts of being low fat, trans fat free, low sodium and a source of both potassium and fiber. 

Tastes good enough, provided you are not sodium dependent. 


Buffalo meat has 70% to 90% less fat than beef (and twice as expensive unfortunately). I bought this from Windsor Quality Meats (4110 Main Street) and decided to experiment with it today. 

I added garlic, chopped mushrooms, a can of sodium-free tomatoes and jardin basil, rosemary and thyme. No one could tell it was not beef.



And finally, garlic bread using whole wheat buns! 


I feel so healthy now I may not be able to fall asleep. Good night anyways...





 

No comments: