Search This Blog

Thursday 13 October 2011

What a Job!

I don't know how I booked myself for two business functions in the same day. More importantly, how did two marketing associations put on an event on the same day. But I struggled through them both, networked well, ate badly.

Lunch was at a BCAIM event (BC Association of Integrated Marketers). 

The salad waiting on the table looked like it was waiting for a day already. Wilted greens, soggy bread and the waitress, without asking, smothered it with a yellow dressing. That is when I realized this is going to be a long day.

Lunch was a platter of chicken wrapped with proscuitto, swimming in gravy, soaking in butter mashed with potatoes and accompanied by four stalks of no-taste broccolini. 

  
I almost hugged one of colleagues when I returned to the office to find home made ginger snap cookies waiting on my desk. You know who you are, thank you, this made my day.

Just when I was starting to enjoy the workday, it was time to go to the next event.


BCAMA Marketer of the Year award went to the PNE this year, and they put on a good show celebrating 100 years of PNE.

The salad was small, but, after the ginger snap cookies, was the best thing I ate all day. Nice greens sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese and almonds. 


But then came dinner to ruin it all. A piece of chicken (again) that looked and tasted like a leather shoe. Served with a mush of garlic with mushrooms, two stalks of green beans, one slimy carrot, one tasteless tomato and a piece of plastic potato pave.

I should have stuck to the PNE cotton candy for dinner.


 

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Rough day!! Makes you extra happy at end of the day to get home to your own kitchen, jardin and cats!!