Search This Blog

Saturday 5 November 2011

Jardin Keeps On Giving

Despite the morning frost, the jardin is still giving.

The highlight of the fall jardin is the chard that continues to grow and still looks fresh and healthy.

So this morning, I went out and collected some chard and sat at the picnic table contemplating what to cook with it.

I was not in the mood of rolling and making stuffed chard (click for recipe).
I remembered this great dish I made in March (click here for post on it).

Three key ingredients and I am set: chard, lamb shanks and Rick's Rub (This product is amazing and keeps on giving - I understand it can be used in cookies, so stay tuned).

The dish is simply lamb shanks braised in a tomatoe sauce and meat broth, with exotic spices (i.e. Rick's Rub). 

After 2.5 hours of braising, you add the chard, cook for 20 more minutes and serve. Delicious!

The meal was enjoyed with mashed potatoes and popovers. 

If interested in the recipe, click on the email on top right hand side of the blog, tell me why you read the blog and I will send it to you.

Meanwhile, thank you jadin, again.



No comments: