Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Culture of Leftovers

A friend asked me "How did you grow up culturally with leftovers?". From an Asian decent, she grew up heating up leftovers, not trying to make something out of them. Similarly, my mom will take out a series of leftovers, heat them up and eat them (see article on Leftovers Mixed Buffet). But now I typically recycle them (see article on Recycled Foods).

So is turning leftovers into something else a North American/European phenomena? Let's start a discussion in the comments section.

Meanwhile, let me entertain you with my latest food recycling project (source is Gourmet Dinner 1972).

Leftovers of Ensalada de Pinay Aguacate and Green Salad looked too sad to eat as is.

Mixing them together generated a fancy Ensalada de Pinay Aguacate Verde.

The next item were the artichoke bottoms that were not used in the failure Artichoke Bottoms with Eggs dish. They were nestled over chopped parsley.

I put them in a baking dish, sprinkled them with lemon juice and parsley, added a couple of leftovers Football Kebbeh and baked for 20 minutes.



The fridge tidier with the leftovers recycling project, it was time to indulge on some leftovers dessert.

A big piece of the deliciously-baked completely-from-scratch Banana Spice Cake with Penuche Frosting.


And still more leftovers, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
Princeton Tec Switch MPLS Military Light - Red/White LED / Black Body - MPLS-II-3-BK