Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Lift for Food or View?

I pose the question in the title since I am not sure Lift offers both food and view. Definitely a beautiful view as you walk to, by or from within Lift.


Once you are in, you are also entertained by iPads as menu (though I wish they gave some instructions on how to use - they were a bit unclear to maneuver and I'm still not sure if I could have ordered by pressing a button without talking to the servers).


But that is where the unique experience stays. The menu items sound creative but not sure the delivery is, particularly for the price. The Lift salad was basic with pecans, chevre, dried cranberries and a pear vinaigrette. 


My $19 cornmeal crusted trout with bacon hash, honey and thyme was so soaked with butter that the taste of honey and thyme were too overwhelmed by the fat from the cream and bacon. 


With dinner platters ranging from $25 to $39, one would hope the dinner quality is better. But not sure I want to test that hypothesis.


Lift Bar Grill View 
333 Menchions Mews
Vancouver, BC
Lift Bar Grill View on Urbanspoon

No comments: