Search This Blog

Monday 9 April 2012

Breaking Lent (with Food) - Part B

40 days ago, I gave up everything white and/or creamy for lent.

Today, lent was officially broken. It all started with the eggs (read Part A) and progressed to more white & creamier indulgences.

I sure missed white flour. So a gift of home-made Lebanese meat and cheese Fatayer (pies) and deliciously fried meat croquettes were an ideal addition to the lent-breaking Easter Dinner.


Just like how this year's lent began (read Marfaa), Easter was celebrated with Kebbeh Labnieh - one of my many favourite Kebbeh treatments.

Now those were only the savoury indulgences.
Trafiq (4216 Main St.) not only makes the best hot cross buns (read Easter Goodies). It also has a selection of cakes and this is the first I tried - Trafiq's carrot cake.

Excellent - and tastes as nice as it looks.

How timely for another episode of the Plate Exchange - a home-made lemon meringue pie made from scratch and all-natural ingredients was delivered right on time to break lent.

I think this is going to be my breakfast for the rest of the week.

And of course, the many many chocolate eggs tempting me all weekend. 

 
Happy Easter Everyone!



No comments: