Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Dinner with The First Lady of Georgia

My dinner inspiration is the classy Mrs. (Mildred) Ellis Arnall, the First Lady of Georgia from 1943 to 1947.

She seems to have been a popular public figure during her time. But my relationship with her is one of the recipes she contributed to a cookbook I have called Taste of Georgia.

The dish - Casserole Chicken.

The ingredients (other than cooked chicken) are a bunch of packages including sour cream, mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and chow mein noodles.

I expected it to be heavy, but it exceeded all my expectations on this.

You mix all the ingredients together, cover with the chow mein noodles and bake for 1.5 hours in a 325 degrees oven.


It looked kinda boring. But I still had hopes for it.

While tasty, it felt missing something like vegetables of sort, or more creaminess to make it feel less than a chunk of gooey chicken.

But food is never wasted at somerville kitchen and the cassarole will be consumed one way or another.


At least I learned a bit of history having dinner with the 69th First Lady of Georgia.


No comments: