Search This Blog

Sunday 14 October 2012

Deer Recipe Arrived

Two weeks ago, I ran a contest asking for a recipe for deer meat where the winner will receive an invite for a somerville kitchen Lebanese Feast (read article here).

Many have read the article, few wrote apologizing that they would have loved to participate but have no recipes, some offered to download a recipe from the internet but that would have been breaking the contest rules of a proven recipe.

Cats went as far as defending their friends the deer and guiltying me about eating their meat (what about those cute sheep I said?)

But then a recipe emerged from 10542.17 KM away from my favourite aunt. Apparently her husband hunts throughout the middle east and she is proficient in cooking the meat.

Here's what I cooked (Thank you Auntie, come visit and will make you a feast).


First, I inserted sliced garlic throughout the deer meat.


Then I prepared a bed of onions, surrounded by small red market potatoes.


I laid the piece of meat on top of the onions. For colour, I added some carrots and turnips, pepper and jardin bay leaf and jardin lovage.


I covered and let it simmer on stove top for 3 hours, the way Lebanese cook their roast.


How was it you ask? Very tender, tasty and if you are not told it was deer meat, you'd think it is a good piece of beef.


Merci Tante!
 

No comments: