Search This Blog

Thursday 11 October 2012

Wacky Flavoured Butter

At last, a reader took me up on an offer to make them home-made flavoured butter based on their flavour choice (read Wacky Calorie Churning).

Here are the reader's choice and what she received.

Pistachio & Cardamom butter she asked for. Easy - I used ground cardamom and crushed pistachio right after churning. 

It was a success!

The reader loved it: "I melted the cardamom and pistachio one directly onto my pumpkin pie, just the right combination.  I highly recommend it."


She also asked for a version that incorporates rose water to the above spices. Why not, all one needs is a small drop and the smell is divine.

Reader says: "Thank you for the delicious surprise. I like both the butters, and differently.  The rose water adds a real nice sweetness to the butter and you can never go wrong with cardamom, so good".

 
So don't be shy. Send me an email - somervillekitchenwindow@gmail.com - with suggestions of what flavoured butter you'd like and I will make and share with you (seriously).
 
 

No comments: