Search This Blog

Saturday 1 December 2012

Let The Season Begin - Church Bazaar

As part of my German connections, I heard about the best kick off of the season - a Christmas Bazaar at St. Markus Evangelical Lutheran Church on East 18th Avenue.

And it sure was a wonderful kick off for the season.

So what goes on at a German Church Bazaar?

The first thing you see is this table packed with freshly made German goodies in German households' kitchens.

Without caring what I am buying, pointing to this and that wih "ein bitte", I ended up with a perfect platter for afternoon tea - all for vierzehn dollars.

 
The deals were everywhere. 

I fell in love with those cute wooden decorations and really questioned by understanding of German when I was told "ein dollar" - I understood right.




But shopping was distracted when stumbling upon this - a spread of home-made German food buffet.


I skipped the continental and had an amazing thick home made schwein schintzel with saurekraut and potato salad - one of the best breakfasts I have had this year.

And all for $4.50

No comments: