Search This Blog

Monday 6 May 2013

An Italian Kind of Week - Marcello

When you go out to lunch with an Italian for Italian food, you let the Italian choose the restaurant - and an excellent choice it was.


And you let the Italian order a real Italian meal that started with Olive calde; pan fried spicy Sicilian black olives. My first time eating warm olives and it was a treat.


Italians know where you get an authentic Neapolitan pizza in the city and Marcello Pizzeria is supposed to be one of a couple of places that do this kind of pizza right.


While my Italian guest felt the home made gnocchi was just alright, I was in potato heaven tasting the best gnocchi I have ever had in my life. It tasted like potatoes, not like heavy steamed dough (I should learn how to make it).


Thank you my dear Italian friend for a lovely recommendation and meal. 


Marcello Pizzeria
1404 Commercial Street
Vancouver, BC

Marcello Pizzeria & Restaurants on Urbanspoon 

No comments: