Search This Blog

Friday 3 May 2013

Dear Fable:

We flirted on Twitter. You impressed me with how active you are on social media and responding to tweets.

I go to Urban Spoon to check you out. You impressed me further by having someone reply to those blogging about or reviewing you.

You suggested we meet at the kitchen wood seating to see all the action. But it was still light outside and you don't seat there until darkness.

I went nonetheless and enjoyed your Kiss From A Rose (but my catses were offended you spelled Susie with a z for your lemonade).

You were very welcoming - one of the most naturally friendly servers I have encountered in a long time. Keep them happy.

Loved your lighting - not too dark; your music not too loud.

But where you really excel on are two things:

1. freshness of your ingredients (you are a farm to table restaurant after all).

2. Your music - I will pay good money for that selection you play.

My sandwich had all your food freshness in it. But my sandwich choice (Eggplant Parmesan) was too greasy and salty for my poor aging body.

Well, I am forgiving and will be back after sunset this time; for the potato crusted chicken. I just hope your lighting and music levels are the same at that time of night.




Fable
1944 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC


Fable Kitchen on Urbanspoon

 

No comments: