Search This Blog

Monday 3 June 2013

My Dear Lovely Neighbour Feeds Me Again

And as usual, my dear lovely neighbour feeds me very well.


The cassava (also called manioc, yuca, balinghoy, mogo, mandioca, kamoteng kahoy, and manioc root) was cooked with the five basic indian spices - Urad lentil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, green chilli and fresh coconut shred.


Three meats (mutton, chicken and beef) were turned into three curries - you see, my dear lovely neighbour just loves cooking so it is difficult for her to make one dish.


And as if there was not enough food, my dear lovely neighbour's dear neighbours bring over more food.


After trying a bit of each, a bit more times, including the double dahl plate, it was time for dessert.


No readers, that was not dessert, that was the double dahl. The dessert was a completely new discovery for me - Jackfruit (alternately jack tree, jakfruit, or sometimes simply jack or jak; scientific name Artocarpus heterophyllus)


Once again, I am Olly Jolly for my dear lovely neighbour.

No comments: