Search This Blog

Monday 23 September 2013

A Letter to Peaceful Restaurant

Dear Peaceful Restaurant:

You have been the talk of the town since you were featured by that Fieri guy. 

You now have three locations in the city.

I'm glad one of them is near by.

It was great to try you out on a Monday night.

You were quiet, your waitress was chill and friendly and the food warming.

The General Tsao's Chicken was good, almost sweet and sour tasting.

It was great to see dim sum items at night, what a great idea.

The Peaceful Beef Roll was excellent; definitely the best in the city.

But maybe go lighter on the hoisin sauce.

I wish I could say the same about the Steamed Soft Pork Buns.

Those were, and excuse my bluntness, simply boring.

I know you're going to say I should have went for the Xioa-Long Bao ones.

And I am so glad you have Dan Dan Noodles.

It was good, probably the second best I have tried, but you should check out the one Chen's Shanghai in Richmond makes.

But the quality of the noodles themselves is just excellent, one could tell you worked hard on them by hand.

I will come back, but please, use less soy and salt, the food, while very tasty, was extremely salty.



Peaceful Restaurant
43 East 5th
Vancouver, BC

Peaceful Restaurant 和平飯店 (Main) on Urbanspoon



No comments: