Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2011

In Search of Good Street Food Vendors

It has been over three weeks since the last street food adventure (see Finding Street Food Vendors & Where Are Those Street Vendors).

Given the rain that surprised us mid-day today, the options were minimal and the closest was Naan Wraps - an Indian food street food vendor with limited selection.
The options were two rice bowls (butter chicken and a vegetarian one) and two naan wraps (chicken and vegetarian).

My partners in street food vendors' discovery went for the butter chicken. The verdict is that it needs to be spiced up (surprisingly, a colleague had hot sauce in her office which came in handy for this meal).

I personally opted for the chicken naan wrap. It was a huge naan filled with tandoori chicken, Indian style rice, peppers, onions and sauce. 

Let us say it was mediocre at best. The naan itself tasted fresh and had a nice texture to it. The fillings were bland. I am not sure I want to try something else from Naan Wraps.

Now those of you who read my feature of Al-Watan (see Weekend Lunch Pakistani Style) would know my passion for mango lassi. 

Well, Naan Wraps had their own mango lassi version which I could not resist. However, I should have knew by the colour what I am getting myself into - a light orange lassi means less mango and more sugar. Or was it made with vanilla yogurt I wonder? It was simply too sweet and one of the worse mango lassis I have had.

Anyways, it is only the beginning of June and we have all summer to try the rest of what Vancouver street food vendors have to offer. Stay tuned...

No comments: