Search This Blog

Friday 11 April 2014

Waking Up Leftovers With Rick's Rub

I am hungry. I am tired. I have two plates of cold vegetable leftovers. I am not inspired.


I pull out my Rick's Rub Collection for inspiration. It worked.


The Asian Rub with its traditional Chinese five spices and peppercorns matched my green beans.

Two cups of water, 1 cup of rice, 2 tsps of Rick's Rub Asian and the beans.

I cooked them together for a nicely spiced rice beans pilaf.


The chard called Moroccan; and I obeyed.

I cooked Israeli couscous in Rick's Rub Moroccan spices. 

Once cooked, I drained them, sprinkled them with more of the rub, added the chard and feta cheese. Amazing combo, if you like this kind of couscous that is.


Thank you Rick for the inspiration. Click HERE for more somerville kitchen's Rick's Rub Experimentation.

 

No comments: