Search This Blog

Saturday 26 May 2012

Back in Kerrisdale - Beginning of the Tour

I discovered Kerrisdale last summer (read Discovering Kerrisdale). This weekend, I had a long shopping list. I called a dear friend who lives in Kerrisdale and asked if I can do all my shopping there.

I asked for a book store; I asked for a bakery; I asked for a dollar store; I asked for a brunch restaurant; I asked for a credit union; I asked for a travel agency; and the answer was yes to all.

I thought I will challenge my friend with one last question "Do you have London Drugs in Kerrisdale?" The answer was again yes. I'm in!


The newest kid on the block is Gem Chocolates (2029 West 41st Avenue).


Yes, the beautiful blue of the store transcends to the beautiful artisan chocolates. Creative chocolatier experiments with all. I tried the new Macha creations which were delicious. I was challenged to choose five chocolates from the varied options available. Check it out readers, a pleasurable visit to both the eyes and the palettes. 

Gem Chocolates on Urbanspoon 

Kerrisdale is a neighbourhood to spend money and cash was in demand. So off to a credit union ATM. I think readers know I am a raving credit union fan. But did you know that if you are a credit union member, you can draw cash and deposit checks at over 2400 credit union ATMs across the province with no surcharge? That is the ding-free advantage of being a credit union member.



Wallet is full, stomach needs to fill up.

Avenue Grill (2114 41st Avenue), a Kerrisdale landmark since 1927. I remember going there for brunch over 10 years ago and the quality of food today was as good as it was then.

I had egg-whites omelette with leeks, mushrooms, and tomatoes. My guest had a very well done poached eggs with very yellow Hollandaise sauce.

Avenue Grill on Urbanspoon 


Now that stomach and wallet are full, serious shopping took place behind this door below at Thomas Hobbs (2127 West 41st). All I'd say is check it out once you are in Kerrisdale, you'd never know what fancy surprises you'd find.


  Tune back tomorrow for the continuation of the Kerrisdale tour.

1 comment:

~T.E.~ said...

hey do you think the guy on the bench is single? I may be interested...LOL