Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Fun in the Sun

Sunny day. I'm downtown in my old haunts, with friends I have not seen for a while. Time for some fun in the sun.

The sun lead us to The Mill Bistro. For those of you who don't know The Mill, it is a hidden gem right at the water in Coal Harbour.

Beer were ordered, water flowing all around us, catch up chats, friendly servers, tasty burgers. It was a precious memorable lunch in the middle of a busy work week.

My salmon burger was more like a piece of fresh salmon on a bun. Not much on the bread distracted from the salmon taste - the way I like it. And no french fries; just a nice healthy simple green salad.








The Mill Marine Bistro
1199 West Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC


The Mill Marine Bistro & Bar on Urbanspoon 



Kids will be kids. After playing on the waterfront, we craved some ice-cream. Not too far from us was Bella Gelateria.

I have looked at it for over a year and always thought it was just another one of those Gelato places. But it was close and it was ice-cream.

Talk about pleasantly surprised. The line-ups were manageable, the service was efficient and friendly, the atmosphere creative and the ice cream fancy and yummy.

Their slogan, old-world handcrafted gelato, is very appropriate given the taste. Their innovative selection of flavours is nowhere close to any old-world.


I did not copy down the name of the flavours I had assuming their website would list them. The website only lists their standards (somewhat on the boring side) flavours. 

There is no mention of the Indian-flavoured/Indian-named delicious ice-cream I had. Nor there is mention of the tempting rooibos tea flavour. But I forgive them given that the taste is memorable and I will remember that Indian flavour for months to come.

Also interestingly is how the ice-cream is served. Those small colourful containers and small colourful spoons make the experience that much more fun.

Now that I discovered you, I will be back. I bet this is the kind of ice-cream that will stay fresh in a freezer for few days so I can enjoy in the pleasantness of my own jardin.


Bella Gelateria
1001 West Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC

 Bella Gelateria Handcrafted Gelato on Urbanspoon


No comments: