Search This Blog

Monday 14 May 2012

Weekday Dinner Pakistani Style

You may have read Weekend Lunch Pakistani Style. A nice evening stroll to Fraser street ended up with weekday dinner Pakistani Style at one of my favourite Fraser Street hangouts - Al-Watan.


No trip to Al-Watan can skip my favourite combo - their Chicken Biryani and their brightly yellow sweet mango lassi.

Tonight, I also sampled Indian versus Pakistani style curries.

The Nehari is one of their Pakistani specialties. A meat curry with spicing and colouring that tastes more brutal than the complex Indian spicing. It is dark brown and extremely tasty.

Enhanced by ginger, chilli and lemon juice, the flavours really come out. I am going back for this dish.

The Indian style lamb curry was your typical curry taste with the complex Indian-style spicing.

Good for sure, but I was taken more with the spoon design than the curry itself. Guess if you are at a Pakistani restaurant, stick to uniquely Pakistani specialties like Nehari.

My favourite remains their wonderfully spiced and always freshly made Biryani.

Al-Watan
6084 Fraser Street
Vancouver, BC
604-324-6378
Al-Watan Tandoori on Urbanspoon

No comments: