Search This Blog

Sunday 17 June 2012

Sunday Vegetarian Steak Dinner

I got so excited about this recipe from Bon Appetit  - a vegetarian steak (where big 1 inch thick slices of cauliflower become the 'steak'); served with roasted potatoes, perfect for Sunday dinner.

And no, nothing wrong with my camera - those are purple cauliflowers I found around (wonder if those are natural or 100% genetically modified).

But I regress... Anyways, the production began nicely.

I prepared the mix of olives, chopped cauliflower and sun dried tomatoes, fried the cauliflower "steaks", prepared a tomato garlic sauce.

Then the recipe had gaps - no idea what to do with the veggies.

Improvising came to the rescue - I cooked all the ingredients other than the 'steaks' together, covered the 'steaks' with this veggie sauce and resumed the baking part as per the recipe.



The result was a delicious healthy vegetarian steak dinner, served with somerville kitchen's roasted potatoes.

No comments: