Search This Blog

Saturday 4 August 2012

Broscht and Cake - The Prep

24 hours prior to the Borscht and Cake event, somerville kitchen was buzzing.

Shopping - Check
Menu - Simple
Cats - Grumps
Cake - Ordered

3:00 pm, all groceries were within vicinity of the kitchen.

It is amazing how many vegetables go into a borscht.

But that is not my concern tonight since borscht is the one and only know it all borscht, courtesy of Replacement Chef.


5:30 pm, the broth was going, the beats were pealed.

Some were freaking out, others were discovering the zen art of love, while practical me was roaming Fraser St. for last minute shopping.

7:00 pm, party planning begun to the dancing sun queen.

Matching bowls, cups, cutlery, plates and serving dishes were accumulated and de-labeled. 

Guest seating plan was finalized.


8:00 pm, very quickly all realized all was under control with over flowing borscht pot.

  
10:30 pm, I was gearing up to sleep, dreaming of borscht and a surprise Anita Cake, when I realized one thing was not checked - the booze. 

I was so glad of what I have hidden in and around somerville kitchen. 

Now I can go back to my red and white dream.

Sweet dreams and don't forget to tune back tomorrow for Borscht and Cake - The Picnic.
  

No comments: