Search This Blog

Friday 8 February 2013

At Last I Try Slickity Jim's

At long last I am going out for brunch on a non-weekend day and can make it into Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew with no line ups.

So what's the hype all about? The place is definitely entertaining with so much to look at (and a very entertaining menu to read with all the interesting dishes' names).

Leisurely service makes it a perfect place to chat; that is before the hipsters invade it at 10 am increasing noise levels.

The food is tasty but heavy.

Or could this have been my choice of The Breakfast of Broken Dreams with caramelized onions and warm gorgonzola sauce (can you get more heavy).

I should have ordered Je Suis Un Petit Canard with scrambled eggs, feta cheese and avocado.

Well, next time, as long as I don't have to wait in line - while the food is fun and good, nothing about it is worth lining up for.


But then again, they like their cats - how can I resist going back?



Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew
3475 Main Street
Vancouver, BC

Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew on Urbanspoon

No comments: