Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Banana Leaf - Still Going Strong

Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine has always been one of my favourite places in the city. I have not visited you in over four years and I miss you.

So when an opportunity to lunch with a dearest friend came up, off we went to the original location on Broadway.

The place, charming and welcoming as usual, started getting busy very quickly. But we have done our homework online and were ready to order on the spot. And we did (including a faux pas of asking for Mango Lassi in a Malaysian restaurant). 

They had a mango smoothie...


A unique appetizer that is not at all locations is their famous roti, but this one stuffed with a delicious combination of meat and eggs.

A real tasty treat.


While not Malaysian specifically, it is on the menu and they do it better than any Chinese restaurant I sampled it at.

Hunan Chicken, served warm, beautiful sauce, crunchy peanuts and excellent Hunan rice.


And one of my favourite dishes there - the Sambal Chilli fried okra, green beans and eggplants with small shrimps.

Oh I missed you so much Banana Leaf and hope it won't be another four years before I see you again.


Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine
820 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC


Banana Leaf on Urbanspoon

No comments: