Search This Blog

Sunday 17 February 2013

My Dear Lovely Neighbour Strikes Again

My fridge was emptied yesterday and I'm still in my pajamas (Read A PJ Weekend). Glad my dear lovely neighbour came to the rescue.

A beautiful spread was put out - all fresh new exotic flavours and textures that made my tummy flutter and my heart warm up.



You see all those grains? Different coloured lentils, Indian grains, rice all get soaked, blended and turned into delicious lentil pancakes.

Served with Inji Puli (gigner tamarind in Tamil) home made pickles that are supposed to bring appetites back.


And they did. I single handedly emptied a full plate of  home made fresh mango pickles with mustard seeds.

Combining those with the lentil pancakes was a perfect dinner.

Keema meat and peas in wraps and delicious fried bitter melons (they were so hot, so spicy, so nicely comforting).

What a lovely feast my dear lovely neighbour.


And almost forgot, a delicious raita with tomatoes and greens. A great refreshing way to end a wonderful meal.


Thank you my dear lovely neighbour!

No comments: