Search This Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

Easter Lebanese Style

I must have inherited my passion for Easter Eggs from my mother.

While both my mother and I turned our Easter eggs into animals this year (Read Easter Eggs), hers were way more elegant than mine.

In Lebanon, in addition to Easter Eggs two other items are a must - chocolate eggs and Easter sweets.

The chocolate eggs are alright, but what I look forward to are those Easter sweets.


Those are Palm Sunday cookies. Simple cookies, crunchy and excellent to dip into hot coffee.

Then the dates, crushed walnut and crushed pistachio cookies - all perfumed with rose water, orange blossom water and lots of sugar.


Those are the same date cookies but made by different people, and sprinkled with icing sugar.

Those are my favourites and am sure they will all disappear before I leave this country.








It is so nice to be celebrating Easter twice this year. 


No comments: