Search This Blog

Friday 18 December 2015

Is This The Best Airport Restaurant in The World?

With 45 minutes to spare before my flight from Heathrow airport and a sign pointing to the Best Airport Restaurant in the world, how could I resist.


The Gorgeous Kitchen had the ambiance, the British skewed menu and the reasonable prices. I walked in intending on a full British experience, starting with a Victorian Lemonade (sounded British enough for me).


Chicken liver pate with cider jelly and a brioche was a perfect start and a perfect taste. Unlike other fancy restaurants, The Gorgeous Kitchen portions are very generous. 


The slow cooked lamb with pea puree was by far the best tasting lamb I have ever tasted at or outside airports' restaurants.


As per the appetizer, the portions were very generous that I just could not fit the dessert I was eyeing, so I ended up simply taking a picture of it.


Now my trips must be planned around Heathrow's Terminal 2 to visit The Gorgeous Kitchen again.

No comments: