Search This Blog

Saturday 19 December 2015

In Memory of Catsess

In memory of four years since the arrival (and now loss) of Catsess and her brothers (Read One Year Later), a tribute to a favourite cat and my favourite memories of her 3.5 years in this world. 

Catsess only ate wet food from plates; she would eat her treats and dry food off this ledge, even if it means waiting for hours until being served


A queen of paws - stretchy paws, weird placement paws and loved having both her front and back paws played with.


She loved having me around and was always at my side; going to extremes not to let me leave on a trip.


I called her my office assistant and till her last days, she was always with me as I worked. 


As soon as I walk out of the shower, she will come down from wherever she was in the house to have her time with me on the bed.



Born a feral, she never got into sitting on laps or cuddling. But dare I lay on a sofa without her stretching herself on my legs within 2 seconds.


She loved her supervised jardin visits. Like a human baby, all I had to do is shout 'home' and she runs inside.


She sure was a princess and knew how to pose as one.


A wonderful sweet cat till the last hour, when she used all her powers to jump on the sofa, cuddle and purr for a bit, then go to her hiding place where she passed away naturally and as comfortably as it can be in her own home.


I miss you so much catsess; even four running around kittens are not able to get me to forget you. Rest in peace.


2 comments:

Morgan Brayton said...

A lovely tribute. I'm sorry for your loss but so glad you had each other for the time you did.

Unknown said...

Beautifully said... And yes, she was very special.