Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2011

Raving About Tandoori King

My favourite Indian Restaurant in the city and I only raved about it once on the blog, almost a year ago (see Tandoori King). Nothing better than ending a busy week and a hectic September with a night at Tandoori King along with some of my favourite people in the world.



While Tandoori King delivers their food to somerville kitchen a lot, I never order this appetizer given how badly it travels.

But if one is there, one shouldn't skip the Onion Bhaji - Indian style onion rings with delicious coating and dipped in tamarind sauce.

The feasting tonight included their "world famous" Butter Chicken, Palak Paneer, Eggplant Bhartha and Vegetable Korma.

The last one was ordered by mistake; this was corrected with another favourite.

Malai Kofta are those balls made from mixed vegetables, chickpea flour and grated cheese and cooked in a cream cashew nut sauce.

I would barter anything for someone to teach me how to make those - two thirds of my dinner was the Malai Kofta sauce over rice. 

They also have a great selection of nine Tandoori breads. I never skip the Nan that comes plain with no butter. 

Tonight we also ordered Garlic Nan that I personally passed on but other guests were going so crazy over it that they turned the dinner into Nan sandwiches.


All platters were cleaned up by end of the night. Those trying Tandoori King for the first time were impressed. Those on their nth visit continued to be impressed. And those of you who have not tried it, don't miss out.

Tandoori King
8017 Fraser Street
Vancouver, BC
604-327-3355
Tandoori King on Urbanspoon

No comments: